Privacy Statement : LSC
Protecting Your Privacy
LSC is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. LSC is bound by the Privacy Act, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that LSC is required to communicate to its customers. LSC recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
LSC provides a range of services, either through a particular division within LSC or through one of its related companies.
- Your Personal Information
- How we use your personal information
- LSC's web site
- Help us to ensure that we have accurate personal information
- You can access your personal information
- Contact Us
Your personal information
Personal information held by LSC may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver's licence number and your LSC username or password.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your date of birth), LSC may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which LSC prides itself.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to LSC (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, LSC relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to LSC and to advise them that LSC can be contacted for further information (see "Contact us' ).How we collect personal information.
LSC collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through LSC's web sites (e.g. during LSC.com.au registration);
- from third parties such as LSC's related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from LSC'S own records;
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to LSC's services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop LSC's services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for LSC to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop LSC business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that LSC can promote and market its services to you. LSC does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish LSC to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please use the "Contact us".
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, LSC will send such material only if you elect to receive it or if it is provided in response to your request.When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, LSC may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of LSC. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to LSC providing its services to you. These organisations carry out LSC's:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- market research;
- web site usage analysis.
LSC takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, LSC may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- LSC's related companies;
- LSC's professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations who manage LSC's business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing LSC's corporate risk and funding functions.
LSC's web sites
LSC provides products and services via its web site. When you visit LSC's site, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists LSC to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
LSC may use 'cookies' on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web site may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for LSC's web site to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of LSC's web site.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. LSC extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
LSC also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. LSC collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.Help us to ensure we hold accurate information.
Help us to ensure that we have accurate personal information
LSC takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why LSC recommends that you:
- let LSC know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep LSC up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name, address or email address.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, you will need to put your request in writing for, security reasons, and either send it by mail or email to LSC.