- Mobile phones will be banned for all students at Victorian state primary & secondary schools from Term 1, 2020.
- The ban is to reduce distraction, tackle cyber bullying & improve learning outcomes.
- Students will be required to switch off their phones & store them securely in lockers from the start of school until the final bell.
- The only exceptions to the ban will be where students use phones to monitor health conditions, or where teachers instruct students to bring their phone for a particular classroom activity.
- The Andrews Labor Government is investing $12.4 million to deliver the resources schools need to securely store student mobile phones, ahead of the state-wide school ban starting next year.
Tasmania will also implement this policy start of Term 2, 2020 with Western Australia following.
NSW Primary public Schools have already banned mobile phones with public High Schools opting in or implementing a policy that suits their school.
This new policy has impacted stock holdings, resulting in some shortages for this time of year.
We envisage other states may adopt this policy leading to future business opportunities to supply padlocks to schools.
For more information visit: https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/secure-storage-for-schools-to-roll-out-mobile-phone-ban/
158KC COMBINATION PADLOCKS
- Solid lock body made from zinc diecast
- Override key opens lock and allows code to be identified if unknown or lost.
- Override key AP050 (158KC45AP050), AP051 (158KC45AP051), AP052 (158KC45AP052), only available to Locksmiths
78KC COMBINATION PADLOCKS
- KTL plating for better corrosion resistance
- Heavy duty solid zinc body
- Anti-shimming feature