WHS INSTACODE PROGRAM
Instacode is considered the leading Key Data Software throughout the world. With over 4 billion key codes, and new codes added daily, Instacode is a vital tool for any professional locksmith.
So much more than just a code-retrieval system, Instacode has evolved to become a complete lock shop database system, providing you information on codes, cards, transponders, air-bags, car opening techniques and even ASP replacement locks for automotive use. A comprehensive search engine takes you directly to the information you require. Even if you only have limited details, the program is smart enough to find all related keys that fit your search criteria.
A graphical layout displaying space & depth information, flat widths, angles, card number and other relevant key cutting information makes Instacode easier to use than many alternatives.
- Instacode includes over 8000 code series, and has the largest collection of data available. Instacode is an intuitive user interface using predictive text entry. The program has the broadest range of search criteria and the fastest search available in any code software including searching by code, manufacturer, vehicle make, model and year, card number, key blank reference, key type etc.
- Key blank cross-references, including 36 key blank manufacturers and over 70,000 references.
- Pictures of key blanks and key blank profiles.
- Support for the widest range of key cutting machines.
- Ability to search for bitting across a range of code series.
- Car opening instructions for popular models.
- Complete ASP catalogue online, cross references against make and model, with most models featuring colour pictures and service components.
- Key remote programming procedures for popular models.
- Transponder key information and programming techniques.
- Client key code storage and retrievals.
- Live updates are available periodically via the internet as new code series and information comes to hand.
- Ability to download to Silca Electronic key machines, HPC's Codemax and Blueshark and ITL 9000 and 950.
- Key cutting information for Framon, Curtis, A1, Ilco Universal II, HPC Blitz and Punch machines.
How do i remove a master key system I no longer want in InstaCode?
To remove a master key system from InstaCode, please follow these steps:
- Click on the My Master Key button.
- From the Master-Keying Wizard click Next.
- Choose the option I want to start by reloading a system I created previously.
- Next, in that drop down box, select the system that you wish to delete.
- Once selected, click your right mouse button on the drop down box. A menu will appear.
- Select the menu option to Remove the system.
- Confirm the removal.
How can I activate my InstaCode if I am not connected to the Internet?
When InstaCode requires activation, click the Activate button, then make your choice from one of the following three procedures.
Activating Automatically - If your computer is connected to the Internet, always take the first option - it is the fastest and easiest. To perform the activation automatically, select the option Do the activation automatically (this computer must be connected to the internet) then click Continue. The activation is performed with no further input required.
Activating Using Your Web Browser -The second option, Take me to a web page where I may do the activation (this computer must be connected to the internet), is similar to the method above, with the one difference that it performs the activation using your web browser, and after the activation code is returned, you must copy the Activation Code from your web browser into InstaCode to complete the process.
Manual Activation - Manual activation allows you to activate over the telephone, or by performing the activation on another computer that is Internet connected.
- To perform a manual activation, click on the option Activate over the telephone, then click Continue.
- Copy or print the information shown as we will require this.
- Then, on another computer that is connected to the internet, open your web browser (Typically Internet Explorer) and type in the web address https://activate.whsoftware.com/Activation.php
- Enter the company name, registration and activation reference in the places provided. These fields must be exactly matched and are case sensitive.
- Then, click the Request Activation button. Your Activation Code will be displayed.
- Record the Activation Code and then take it to the InstaCode computer where you must enter it to complete the activation process.
Transferring an Activation from one computer to another.
To activate InstaCode on a new computer when you have already reached the maximum amount of activations allowed, you must first deactivate one of your existing installations.
Solution: To deactivate InstaCode on a computer where it is no longer required, follow these steps:
- Open up your InstaCode program.
- Hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard and at the same time, using your mouse, click on the Setup button
- Release the SHIFT key.
- Click on the Change Registration button on the left side of the window.
- Record the Activation Reference number at the bottom of the window, and then click on the Terminate Activation button.
- You must record the Termination Code also.
After you have completed this process, you may either email LSC Technical Support with the:
How do I find master key codes for Lowe & Fletcher in InstaCode?
Open the code series by searching for any code in the series and then read the Manufacturers Notes.
If the Master Key code is not listed but you know that the locking system has a Master Key, please email email@example.com. Even if you don't know the code and WH Software will try to source the code and add it to InstaCode.
How do I network my InstaCode
The current version of InstaCode has certain limitations when running across a network. These are:
- You are not able to save Client information from any computer other than the server.
- You are not able to save Hook numbers or Locations from any computer other than the server.
- You are not able to save Your own notes from any computer other than the server.
- The advantage of a network installation is that you only have one computer to update.
Follow these steps
Why do some depth and space cards display more spacings than required for key I am cutting?
A large quantity of locking systems utilize the same depth and space measurements, although not all require the same amount of actual cuts on the key. InstaCode when printing a card always displays the maximum number of spaces to suit the largest number that could be required, therefore saving you from having to carrying multiple cards for the same space and depth information.
If you are cutting a key with only four cuts and the card has seven spaces just ignore the other positions that are not utilized with the key you are cutting.
Where can i find updates?
Updates (and additional data product data files depending on software) can be found on the WH Software web site.
The minimum computer hardware requirements for InstaCode 2012 are:
- Pentium CPU
- 512MB of free (available) RAM
- 300MB of available Hard Disk Drive space
- Mouse or other pointing device
- One of: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2003 or Windows 2008.
- The minimum display resolution required is 1024 x 576 (Higher display is required for complete display of some Dimple and Bit series) with 16 bit colour (sometimes called 64K colours or 65536 colours) or greater.
- Internet Explorer 7 or later.
A Windows supported printer is optional.
If you run several applications simultaneously you will require more RAM.
These are the minimum requirements, and good performance is dependent on sufficient RAM and adequate CPU speed.